Mako Mining has created and implemented an Integrated Management System (IMS) which is designed to provide a structure of management that complies with statutory regulations, industry codes of practice, relevant standards and client requirements.
The Integrated Management System is a business management tool with documented processes and procedures that reflect how the company manages the various functions of its business and follows the framework of AS/NZS and internationally recognised standards such as:
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2016 Quality Management Systems
- AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Mako Mining is committed to:
- Ensuring a strong, positive safety culture, which is fundamental to the company’s activities.
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace for all personnel.
- Achieving an incident and injury free workplace through properly planned and executed work and implementation of the Integrated Management System.
- Providing a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Applying environmental protection policies to minimise any impact on the environment; including striving to reduce emissions through innovative technology and smart practices.
- Engaging with our clients to learn from their experiences and to improve the company’s own processes and procedures.
- Driving continual improvement in all areas.
Risks and opportunities that can affect conformity of our mining services have been identified, assessed, evaluated, controlled and monitored through a series of risk management strategies. The company applies the principals outlined in AS/NZS ISO 13000 Risk Management – Principles and AS/NZS 4360 Risk Management as the basis for managing and addressing risk to the business and client satisfaction.
Mako Mining’s quality management is built upon the philosophy that every job should be done ‘right first time, every time’. The company strives to continuously improve in all facets of business performance by consistently delivering reliable and competitive mining services that meets and exceeds our client’s expectations. The company’s top management actively provides leadership to all project management teams and ensures project requirements are clearly communicated with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction.