TWIN BOOM JUMBO OPERATOR
Work Type – Permanent
Location – Various
Roster – 2:2 FIFO from Perth
Pay Rate– Attractive Remuneration
MAKO Mining is a specialist underground mining contractor focused on safely delivering high productivity and professional results in all narrow vein mining applications. The Company has a track record of consistent safety and production, at all times meeting our client’s expectations.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Twin Boom Jumbo Operators.The position will require self-motivation, drive and multi-skilling. Ideal candidates will be proactive, and forward thinking, with a with strong ability to foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration withina team environment.
- Must have full working rights in Australia
- 5-10 years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience operating single and twin boomjumbos (Sandvik & Atlas Copco)
- Mechanically minded, understanding of machinery, knowledge of engines, drive systems and care of mobile equipment
- Current & valid Australian Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Safe Working at Heights
- Current &valid Shotfiring Licence
- Current &valid Dangerous Goods Security Card
- National Police Clearance
- Preferred candidates reside in Western Australia
- Competent in bolting, meshing and boring
- Accurately mark-up and drill a number of drill patterns using a mechanised hydraulic or electric Jumbo drill to suit conditions of the drive
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement good ground control according to site requirements
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimise drill patterns and metres
Candidates will need to be physically fitand meet pre-employment criteria including drug and alcohol screening and full medical.